Autocrossing.

generally engine swaps put you in a higher (more modified) class...but
i'm fairly sure that if the engine was an option in said car, it is
allowed. i dont know how they would class the 16v, considering it wasnt
necessarily an engine option, but a different version of car.  ??

check scca rulebook. i used to have it bookmarked but now it is nowhere
to be found