OT Why are license plates always blacked out?

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C292BF.AF9B6200

Yes, California is one of those states where the license plate number =
plus a few dollars can obtain, from the DMV, the registered owner's name =
and address.

Larry
  The best reason I can think of is to stop someone from saying, "Oooh, =
nice
  car.  Now I'm going to go steal it so it's mine."  I think, not sure, =
that
  in some states you can find somebodies address online through the DMV =
for a
  small fee.  I do know that, at least in MA, people who work in =
insurance
  agencies are able to enter a plate # and find out the address.  So, if =
you
  have a friend that works at one, simply have them run the plate for =
you.
  I'm not sure if it works for out of state plates though.

  My $.02
  Chris Z.

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C292BF.AF9B6200

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes, California is one of those states =
where the=20
license plate number plus a few dollars can obtain, from the DMV, the =
registered=20
owner's name and address.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Larry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">The=20
  best reason I can think of is to stop someone from saying, "Oooh,=20
  nice<BR>car.&nbsp; Now I'm going to go steal it so it's mine."&nbsp; I =
think,=20
  not sure, that<BR>in some states you can find somebodies address =
online=20
  through the DMV for a<BR>small fee.&nbsp; I do know that, at least in =
MA,=20
  people who work in insurance<BR>agencies are able to enter a plate # =
and find=20
  out the address.&nbsp; So, if you<BR>have a friend that works at one, =
simply=20
  have them run the plate for you.<BR>I'm not sure if it works for out =
of state=20
  plates though.<BR><BR>My $.02<BR>Chris=20
Z.<BR><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C292BF.AF9B6200--

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!