[Re: OTish: might get a jetta!]

Had to chip in, apparently my kids forged my signiature (both of them!), =
and I
came home to discover that now I own a "new to me" 91 (90?)Jetta myself
(YAY?!?!), the son wanted the trip permit on his $400CDN winter beater be=
fore
I got home I guess. It's actually pretty decent, needed some front end st=
uff
we had kicking around (lights, grille), and some brake work, and a starte=
r.
Another "oil burner", this one with no turbo, it'll be "fast", NOT. So no=
w I
technically own 7 vehicles, soon I'll have to declare myself a dealer. No=
that they all have any resale value. Good thing we're in the sticks.
Cathy, goddess of junk =

Hello, i 've got the oppurtunity to get this 84 jetta GLI (4 door) that a=

mechanic who sometimes works on my car is selling. He only wants 300 buck=
s to
get back what he paid to replace the clutch basically. So it's got a bran=
d new
clutch, the only real problem, according to him, is that there is an
electrical short somewhere that keeps the battery from charging properly =
and
makes it go dead overnight. The body is in good condition (especially for=
$300 car) and it's only got 110k miles. Is that electrical thing going to=
 be a
huge PITA to fix? is this baby worth it? thanks!
 =

James =

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com