Cannonball Scirocco

--=====================_780153156==_.ALT

"One Lap of America" would be cool and much more legal...

-RGK-

At 04:25 PM 11/20/02 -0800, you wrote:
>The Cannonball is about more than long-distance cruising.  To be
>competitive, you need a street-legal race car, one that handles.
>To have fun, you just need a reliable car, time, and lots of expendable
>cash.
>I have everything but the cash.....
>
>Larry

--=====================_780153156==_.ALT

&quot;One Lap of America&quot; would be cool and much more
legal...<br><br>
-RGK-<br><br>
At 04:25 PM 11/20/02 -0800, you wrote:<br>
Cannonball is about more than long-distance cruising.&nbsp; To be
competitive, you need a street-legal race car, one that handles.&nbsp;
time, and lots of expendable cash.&nbsp; </font><br>
cash.....</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
<b>From:</b> <a href="mailto:jorel140@yahoo.com";>Jorel Jackson</a> <br>
<b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>volkswagen
scirocco</a> <br>
This guy brought in some Car &amp; Drivers to work, so I<br>
look them over and come across an article on the<br>
Cannon Ball Rally. This gets me to dreaming about what<br>
you could do to a Scirocco to get it to run the<br>
Cannonball. They seem like good candidates to me. They<br>
can cruise at highspeeds all day and all night, or so<br>
I've heard. Except for my 16V they have all been super<br>
reliable cars. They also get good gas mileage compared<br>
to the killer Camaros, Trans Ams, Porsches, pseudo<br>
ambulances, trucks and all the other tricked up<br>
vehicles speed freaks threw together to run the race. <br><br>
My dream Cannonball Scirocco would be a 16V with extra<br>
fuel capacity, a low restriction exhaust, mildly<br>
sooped to get an extra 30hp and all the electronic<br>
paraphenelia one might need to sniff out the bears.<br>
Any other ideas?<br><br>
Jorel <br><br>