Schrick Camshaft question

Here is all the info I came up with so far:

>From the Schrick catalog, Schrick 272 VW 8V hydro has 11.4mm of lift. Part
no. 014 01 721-02
<<http://www.drschrick.de/english/index.php>>

What a Schrick 260 VW 8V Hydro part no 014 01 601-01 looks like:
<<http://cabrios.20m.com/graphics/schrick_260_aem_adj_gear.jpg>>
Notice the part no.
<<http://cabrios.20m.com/graphics/schrick_far_end.jpg>>

VW 8V solid camshafts have 38 mm base circle.
VW 8V hydro camshaft have 34 mm base circle.

What I received has the VW/Audi Logo stamped on it, as well as "Mexico"
Base circle measures at 34 mm, and the lobes are at 45.2 mm. So 45.2 mm
minus 34 mm equals 11.2 mm.
So it appears that I was sent a VW oem camshaft with 11.2 mm of lift.
Definetly more than a stock camshaft, but it is definetly not a Schrick
camshaft.

Maybe it is one of those "Volkswagen - OEM used by VW Brazil in their sport
models".
bottom of page at:
<<http://cabrios.20m.com/tuning/camshaft.htm>>
being sold for 170$ canadian (105$ US) at:
<<http://www.fastforward.ca/engine/default.htm>> "Factory 268 Sport Cam"

So I paid 160$ for a 105$ camshaft. I definetly have to contact the vendor
for a full/partial refund, as I have not received what was advertised.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

Final word from Schrick themselves:
"Dear Mr. Marc

on every camshaft produced by Schrick there is an ident. code which consists
of ten numbers.
For the VW 8v. engines it should start like 014..., for the 16v. engines
like 220..

Best regards
Guido Müller

Dr. SCHRICK GmbH