  From: Rick Kellner=20
  To: scirocco-L@scirocco. org=20
  Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 9:54 AM
  Subject: Bumper Plastic PP, TPO or RIM?

      I received a response from SEM tech support regarding adhesives, =
paint and fillers.  If the plastic could be identified they could =
recommend the best products for our bumpers .  Does anyone know what =
type of plastic our bumpers are made of?  PP, PTO or RIM?
  Here is what tech support said to look for:
      "You should be able to find a stamping on the back side like PP, =
TPO or RIM.  If you can not find a stamping there are two ways to =
identify the plastic.  First you can apply a drop of lacquer thinner to =
an inconspicuous area on  the raw plastic and see if it softens the =
plastic, or if it does nothing. Or use a grinder with a 24 grit disk =
were you will be bonding and see if the  plastic balls up or powders.  =
If the plastic powders when you grind it and  lacquer thinner softens =
it, there will be no problem bonding it. You can use our new product =
39747"
      If we can identify the plastic they can recommend the best paint, =
fillers and adhesives!
  Rick Kellner
  84 8v
------=_NextPart_000_0098_01C28F19.5F53FF90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>im fairly certain our bumpers are *not* =
the easily=20
bonding type. they require special primer in the least. as far as the =
grinder=20
thing, the plastic will ball. as far as the laquer thing, my (guess) is =
that=20
laquer thinner will not mess with it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drfkellner@snet.net href=3D"mailto:rfkellner@snet.net";>Rick =
Kellner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-L@scirocco. org">scirocco-L@scirocco. org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, November 18, 2002 =
9:54=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Bumper Plastic PP, TPO =
or=20
  RIM?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I received a response from SEM tech support =
regarding=20
  adhesives, paint and fillers.&nbsp; If the plastic could be identified =
they=20
  could recommend the best products for our bumpers .&nbsp; Does anyone =
know=20
  what type of plastic our bumpers are made of?&nbsp; PP, PTO or =
RIM?</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>Here is what tech support said to look =
for:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "You should be able to find a stamping on the =
back=20
  side like PP, TPO or RIM.&nbsp; If you can not find a stamping there =
are two=20
  ways to identify the plastic.&nbsp; First you can apply a drop of =
lacquer=20
  thinner to an inconspicuous area on&nbsp; the raw plastic and see if =
it=20
  softens the plastic, or if it does nothing. Or use a grinder with a 24 =
grit=20
  disk were you will be bonding and see if the&nbsp; plastic balls up or =

  powders.&nbsp; If the plastic powders when you grind it and&nbsp; =
lacquer=20
  thinner softens it, there will be no problem bonding it. You can =
use&nbsp;our=20
  new product 39747"</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If we can identify the plastic they can =
recommend the=20
  best paint, fillers and adhesives!</DIV>
  <DIV>Rick Kellner<BR>84 8v</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01C28F19.5F53FF90--