Bumper Plastic PP, TPO or RIM?

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C28EE8.8B8FA900

    I received a response from SEM tech support regarding adhesives, =
paint and fillers.  If the plastic could be identified they could =
recommend the best products for our bumpers .  Does anyone know what =
type of plastic our bumpers are made of?  PP, PTO or RIM?
Here is what tech support said to look for:
    "You should be able to find a stamping on the back side like PP, TPO =
or RIM.  If you can not find a stamping there are two ways to identify =
the plastic.  First you can apply a drop of lacquer thinner to an =
inconspicuous area on  the raw plastic and see if it softens the =
plastic, or if it does nothing. Or use a grinder with a 24 grit disk =
were you will be bonding and see if the  plastic balls up or powders.  =
If the plastic powders when you grind it and  lacquer thinner softens =
it, there will be no problem bonding it. You can use our new product =
39747"
    If we can identify the plastic they can recommend the best paint, =
fillers and adhesives!
Rick Kellner
84 8v

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C28EE8.8B8FA900

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I received a response from SEM tech support =
regarding=20
adhesives, paint and fillers.&nbsp; If the plastic could be identified =
they=20
could recommend the best products for our bumpers .&nbsp; Does anyone =
know what=20
type of plastic our bumpers are made of?&nbsp; PP, PTO or RIM?</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Here is what tech support said to look =
for:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "You should be able to find a stamping on the =
back side=20
like PP, TPO or RIM.&nbsp; If you can not find a stamping there are two =
ways to=20
identify the plastic.&nbsp; First you can apply a drop of lacquer =
thinner to an=20
inconspicuous area on&nbsp; the raw plastic and see if it softens the =
plastic,=20
or if it does nothing. Or use a grinder with a 24 grit disk were you =
will be=20
bonding and see if the&nbsp; plastic balls up or powders.&nbsp; If the =
plastic=20
powders when you grind it and&nbsp; lacquer thinner softens it, there =
will be no=20
problem bonding it. You can use&nbsp;our new product 39747"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If we can identify the plastic they can =
recommend the=20
best paint, fillers and adhesives!</DIV>
<DIV>Rick Kellner<BR>84 8v</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C28EE8.8B8FA900--