help. again.

--part1_120.198a6b06.2b0814b3_boundary

Larry,
Try pulling the connector(s) that feed the guage/dash cluster.  Clean and
reseat.  On my 78, that gave me fits once.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

rocco16v@netzero.net writes:

It's still dying momentarily, only now the "momentarily" is long enough to
force me to the side of the road for 30 seconds.  It still fires right back
up after and runs as if nothing happened (runs for 10 seconds or 5
days.....).

Symptoms:   ignition goes dead for from 1/10 second to 30 seconds.  Tach
instantly drops to zero, even though the motor is still turning over 3000 rpm
as it coasts to a stop.  All other electrical items seem to be unaffected
(lights, radio, voltmeter and other gauges, etc.all work the whole time)
It's random; every three or four days or so it will have a fit of this
frustrating behavior.  Fuel flow seems normal as it usually backfires
slightly when the ignition kicks back on.....

--part1_120.198a6b06.2b0814b3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Larry,<BR>
Try pulling the connector(s) that feed the guage/dash cluster.&nbsp; Clean and reseat.&nbsp; On my 78, that gave me fits once.<BR>
GL.<BR>
<BR>
-Dick-<BR>
78 Scirocco<BR>
Original Owner<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
rocco16v@netzero.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
It's still dying momentarily, only now the "momentarily" is long enough to force me to the side of the road for 30 seconds.&nbsp; It still fires right back up after and runs as if nothing happened (runs for 10 seconds or 5 days.....).</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Symptoms:&nbsp;&nbsp; ignition goes dead for from 1/10 second to 30 seconds.&nbsp; Tach instantly drops to zero, even though the motor is still turning over 3000 rpm as it coasts to a stop.&nbsp; All other electrical items seem to be unaffected (lights, radio, voltmeter and other gauges, etc.all work the whole time)&nbsp;&nbsp; It's random; every three or four days or so it will have a fit of this frustrating behavior.&nbsp; Fuel flow seems normal as it usually backfires slightly when the ignition kicks back on.....</FONT></HTML>

--part1_120.198a6b06.2b0814b3_boundary--