gas pedal bushing

--=======27EC7C89=======

At 06:48 AM 11/15/02 -0500, Rick Kellner wrote:

>     If you can fit under the dash then it's easy.  Remove the shelf and the
>panels under the dash/steering column.  The bushing is at the end of the gas
>pedal lever.  The accelerator cable hooks into this lever and bushing.  As
>soon as I touched the old bushing it fell apart.  It had turned into a waxy
>substance that crumbled in my hand.
>     I picked one up a new, black rubber, one from the dealer for $1.76.
>Part # 191 721 559.  I am not sure if this is the newer, A2 style some
>listers have mentioned.  Just put a little Armorall on it and it popped
>right in.
>Rick Kellner
>84 8v

I got one way back, just can't remember if it was for the Rabbit or A2 GTI,
and it
was white plastic type material.  It was a pita to put on, but never had
any problems
after that.  Anyone seen one like this?  It had a small holes all around
the outer edge,
I assuming to help in compressing to get it into the pedal.

John