[Caveat] Mk.1 Windshield Seals

I got an un-solicited email today and I want to give a heads up on these gaskets.

If you get an email pushing Mk.1 rubber, there is a good chance that they are so bad that "that no way would I buy these gaskets".

"we are now makeing front&rear window rubber for this car.they are 'CAL STYLE' w/no groove for the metal strip molding.they are $77.70+shipping +tax.THANK YOU FROM 'VINTAGE RUBBER'"

I asked about dealer pricing, I was referred to someone, and when I contacted them, they quoted me $125 as the dealer price...

I asked what's up, and here is his response:

"the story goes like this;I had a guy inanother city in calif.makeing the gaskets for me and he told me what the finall gaskets would cost me. when tthey were done w/ the fisrts batch, the window rubbers I got from them were SO POOR ,that no way would  I buythese gaskets,meanwhile I expectted to sell them to whoever wanted one at 77.00(or there abouts).I found another Co.,here in Ca.that  I met w/and turned out a fine window gasket,but they were more
expensive do to their prosses.I'm now happy w/the product ,and I've found a company that I have agread to sell them to.Thanks Randy at Vintage rubber"

If you don't want to strain yourself read this version:

The story goes like this; I had a guy in another city in Calif. making the gaskets for me and he told me what the final gaskets would cost me. when they were done w/ the first batch, the window rubbers I got from them were SO POOR ,that no way would I buy these gaskets, meanwhile I expected to sell them to whoever wanted one at 77.00(or there about). I found another Co. ,here in Ca. that  I met w/and turned out a fine window gasket, but they were more expensive due to their process. I'm now happy w/the product ,and I've found a
company that I have agreed to sell them to. Thanks Randy at Vintage rubber

Here's my response:

Well, thanks for trying to sell me the window seals, that "were
SO POOR, that no way would I buy these gaskets".

I found another Co.,here
in Ca.that  I met w/and turned out a fine window gasket,but they were more
expensive do to their prosses.I'm now happy w/the product ,and I've found a
company that I have agread to sell them to.Thanks Randy at Vintage rubber

Thanks for the info, and PLEASE don't email me again.

Thanks...

Peter

Is that fücked up, or what?

Peter

PLEASE REPLY TO: peterSPAM@thescirocco.com hold the SPAM and you have my new e-mail address.[mailto:peterSPAM@thescirocco.com]
Please don't reply to the Juno account, and if you must - don't expect a reply.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com