Which End of the Pushrod goes to the Throw Out Bearing?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:22:20 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

> One end is more pointy than the other.   I forget which is which and
> only have half a Bentley left to draw upon, the Haynes is deficient.
>
> There is the push plate to consider with it's center of metal to to
> wear
> a pivot (er divot) in, and there is the throw out bearing on the
> other
> end with it's pre formed shape to consider.
>
> 'Tanks in advance,
> TBerk

If its new the ball end goes into the tranny. (TO bearing) and the
conical shape goes to the push plate.
if its older its kinda hard to figure out but the rounder end goes in the
tranny.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS- #30  2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com