Name this sensor...

>16V: Right below the coolant temp. sensor on the head is a temp.
>sender - no wires hooked to it on my car.  I hooked the wire from
>the oil temp. gauge to it, and it seems to work accurately, so is
>this just another oil temp. sender?
>Why put two if you only hook up one?

If I have my lore correct...you have stumbled on one of the odd
mysteries of the Scirocco 16v.
It is actually a completely spare, totally redundant coolent
temperature sensor; for the gauge.

They finally just blocked it off in the 2L's with a plug.  I remember
mentioning this bit to Jim
when we put together the engine in his convertible, as his motor uses
the 2L 16v head.

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net