Need Bentley Help with 8v had bolt sequence & more

--part1_148.23e95fe.2b006d76_boundary

TB,
Your partially correct.  In one of my Bentleys (80-82), you need to tighten
the head in four steps.  First you go through the tightening sequence at 30
ft lb, then a second time at 44 ft lb, then a third time at 55 ft lb.  The
last time you use a breaker bar and you make a precise 1/4 turn "with no
hesitation in the bolt's movement".
Bottom line I wouldn't do this without a torque wrench.  If you need one I
have several.  Let me know when and we'll try to connect.  For that matter,
pick a weekend and if I'm free I'll come over and help.  Tightening a head
won't take too long.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 11/5/02 12:54:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,