putting cabriolet body kit on a rabbit

--EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__5fcc329ce8ec87270c50063c2f43d3f6

 > Hey I have a 82 rabbit ( GTI)  abd I was just curious if I could bolt on
> the
> stick body kit of a rabbit cab to my rabbit?  THey look pretty much like
> the
> same car except that in the GTi the signal lights are beside the
> headlights
> versus in the bumper in the cab.

  according to my etka here at work the part number for the fenders are different. might just be something minor though. unfortunatly the pictures aren't good enough to tell what the difference is. my guess is that it might have to do with the extra reinforcement required for the convertibles. i wouldn't see why you couldn't though.

> Also has anyone ever done a audi 5CYL turbo conversion in a scirocco or a
> rabbit?

  my guess is that the engine would be too long. the audi have (had) longitudal engines, begetting different transmission. you'd have to end up moving the latidual transmission to the drivers-side about 6". though if someone HAS managed to do this, i'd be very interested to see pics.

--
 /\_/\    Foxx (in a box)
   http://foxx.tripod.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

--EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__5fcc329ce8ec87270c50063c2f43d3f6

 > Hey I have a 82 rabbit ( GTI)  abd I was just curious if I could bolt on<br />
> the<br />
> stick body kit of a rabbit cab to my rabbit?  THey look pretty much like<br />
> the<br />
> same car except that in the GTi the signal lights are beside the<br />
> headlights<br />
> versus in the bumper in the cab.<br />
  according to my etka here at work the part number for the fenders are different. might just be something minor though. unfortunatly the pictures aren't good enough to tell what the difference is. my guess is that it might have to do with the extra reinforcement required for the convertibles. i wouldn't see why you couldn't though.<br />
> Also has anyone ever done a audi 5CYL turbo conversion in a scirocco or a<br />
> rabbit?<br />
  my guess is that the engine would be too long. the audi have (had) longitudal engines, begetting different transmission. you'd have to end up moving the latidual transmission to the drivers-side about 6". though if someone HAS managed to do this, i'd be very interested to see pics.<br />
--<br />
 /\_/\    Foxx (in a box)<br />
< o o >   http://foxx.tripod.com  <br />
  \ /<br />

--EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__5fcc329ce8ec87270c50063c2f43d3f6--