[tech] passat wheel into scirocco

> "A must?"
>
> I beg to differ.  I don't have one and everything works fine.  I didn't
> remove any plastic sleeves either.
>
> >   for those of you who care or were thinking about doing a conversion
> >like this, the part number for the hub adapter is 191-419-514. the
> >spring for the rear (a must) is 1H0-419-667. you have to remove the
> >black plastic sleeve that is already on the column (171-419-549) to make
> >it work. only took about ten minutes and looks nice.

  i'll chalk this up to ignorance rather than plain rudeness. i only
suggest the spring because that is was is supposed to be there on both
passats and non--adjusting corrados and because it was also suggested to
me by another list member. additionally it takes up the space that the
black plastic sleeve (consult YOUR etka, please) did. you don't
want/have the spring? fine. since you're the engineer, please let us
know why vw would decide to put it there. perhaps you're simply being
facetious but i'm only trying to provide information that other people
might use if they wish to do the same conversion. your contribution
other than giving me a hard time?

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com