[Re: Insave speed in german cars, etc.]

"L F" <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

All of us, in every vehicle we own (or have ever ridden in), can safely a=
ssume
that the speedometer is optimistic by about 10%, unless you have personal=
ly
proven otherwise.

Larry
FWIW, mine's off by 3.57% at 140, since I've had it checked with a GPS (t=
hanks
Jim). But that's metric. So I guess mine's better than some, (likely it's=
 the
same as many) I was unhappy that it wasn't perfect.
Unfortunately the DD is close too, it wasn't a GPS that clocked me at 140=
, but
the sirens were exciting. So for mine, 10% error is too high.
Cathy