[RE: 50mm intake: does this look right]

Neal, I'd check mine , but I can't open the picture to see what it is you=
 are
asking about. If you want to send an attachment to my personal address, I=
'll
go look for you. But the metal in the casting is too thick (about .5cm =3D=
 1/4"
IIRC) to bend from a  hammer blow I'd think, so the shape it has would be=
 from
the factory unless it's cracked.

Fellas
TMB and I took a 50mm intake from a MK2 Golf admitedly last weekend with
exactly the same thing.
We also took another one without that.
I cannot see how it can be punched in as it would crack - it looks factor=
y -
Perhaps there is a batch like that?
 =

I'll get TMB to post a piccie
 =

Andy
 =

 =

 Neal <nealtovsen@yahoo.com> wrote:OK...y'all are killing my poor friend =
here.
Two people say that's the way
they are, two say they aren't, and no less than THREE people are supposed=
let us know after they check theirs...but haven't gotten back yet! I thin=
Joe's gonna have a heart attack. =

Seriously, please include in your message if you are relaying information=

based on what you have ACTUALLY SEEN IN PERSON...preferrably RECENTLY (so=
rry
Kevin!). Pictures would be great.

After some thought, I have to believe it's almost impossible for that run=
ner
to have been punched-in like that unless it was meant to be. It's cast
aluminum! It should have cracked in half instead of crumpling...shouldn't=

it?

Neal