Insane speed in german cars... slightly OT, had to share...

--part1_72.2567b099.2af987b8_boundary

In a message dated 11/5/2002 11:45:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Rabbit16v@attbi.com writes:

<<I would say that weight has quite a bit to do with it.  Put that 450hp
motor
into a Freightliner and I don't think you'll be hitting 100mph!>>

Agian, useing this example just think of how non-aerodynamic a freightliner
is.  Look at the surface area of one of those, then look at the viper.  Air
can be considered a fluid, like water.  Just think of all that "fluid" the
freightliner has to push out of the way to get to high speeds, whereas the
Viper just needs to move like 100 times less out of the way.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_72.2567b099.2af987b8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 11/5/2002 11:45:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rabbit16v@attbi.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;I would say that weight has quite a bit to do with it.&nbsp; Put that 450hp motor<BR>
into a Freightliner and I don't think you'll be hitting 100mph!&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Agian, useing this example just think of how non-aerodynamic a freightliner is.&nbsp; Look at the surface area of one of those, then look at the viper.&nbsp; Air can be considered a fluid, like water.&nbsp; Just think of all that "fluid" the freightliner has to push out of the way to get to high speeds, whereas the Viper just needs to move like 100 times less out of the way.<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_72.2567b099.2af987b8_boundary--