Need Bentley Help with 8v had bolt sequence & more

Sequence:  Generally, start in the middle.  Go middle bottom, middle
top, then next left top, next right bottom, next left bottom, next
right top, etc.

Oh hell it's easier to look in the bentley:

10-4-2-6-8
7-5-1-3-9

Each number represents a bolt and reflects its sequence.

AFA a torque wrench: beg, borrow, or steal one.  The old beam-and-arm
types are cheap and perfectly adequate (I still use one, but I got a
smaller click-type for xmas last year, good for certain applications :)

Each bolt gets 60N-M or 43ft-lb, then an additonal 1/2 turn.  Mark the
bolt heads with a sharpie after you get them (gradually, first torque
should be 40 or so) all to 60N-M so you know exactly where 1/2 turn is.
 Bentley says you can go this 1/2 turn in two steps, makes sense since
you're stretching the bolt during this step.

Ron

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:

> My Bentley was 'bit in half' and I am missing the motor portions.
>
> I have a newly planed head but no procedure on sequence.
>
> Also I wonder what are the options on not having a torque wrench, I
> don't own one yet. I seem to remember that you can do it by turns,
> (including fractions of turns) instead, if you are careful.
>
> tia,
> TBerk
> I'm sooooo close.

=====