door aligment (difficult to close properly)

you need to loosen the pin that the latch close around. once loosened it
slides back and forth. in your case it sounds like you need to push the pin
torwards the passenger compartment a lil bit. hth
  hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
<http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage>