clutch questions revisited (still grinding/scraping)

the noise happens whenever the clutch is pushed in at all while the car
is moving. the noise dissapears as soon as i take pressure off the
clutch pedal to let it out. not leaking tranny fluid as far as i know,
although i cant really be sure...the bottom of the engine is covered in
a sort of mud. every fluid known to man  ;).

lately it has been harder to engage the tranny into 1st, and
downshifting from 3rd to 2nd is also getting harder. to me this feels
like the linkage though, because if i wiggle the shifter around a bit it
seems to slide in no problem.

i'm going to re-adjust my clutch cable tomorrow, maybe the noise will
dissapear?? its not quite adjusted properly now.

ill pay more attention again tomorrow, and see if there is anything else
i can mention.

thanks,
rhys.