clutch questions revisited

so today i finally got my release bearing replaced...noise is still
there  :(
but it looks like i needed to replace the bearing anyways, it was on its
way, and there were a few small metal shavings in the case.

what else could this be?? and how intensive of a fix is it?

oh, another thing. after i put everything back together, the friction
point of the clutch seems to be VERY far out. ie, i can lift my foot on
the clutch pedal about 9/10ths of the way up, and for the last 1/10th it
grabs. something also clicks when i lift off the clutch when it has been
pressed to the floor. i'm hoping that these 2 things are just because i
cant adjust a clutch cable to save my life...

tapping into the amazing bank of 'rocco info again,
rhys