Single piece Speedo cable

--- Ken B <Indiana_Red@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Id like to simplify my engine compartmant and a good place to start
> is that
> stupid counter box.  I have sent the Potters a request about this.
> Anyone
> have any experiance with this "mod"?  Would it matter that I am
> dealing with
> the 16v trans/dash? as far as which part #

Yes, I did this ages ago on my Pickup...great mod...but for the life of
me I can't remember what model/year to tell you to go after - it might
have even been an A2.  Tranny and 8V vs. 16V should make no difference
at all.  I reckon I'll get the box and cables out of my car, go to my
favorite local import FLAPS (boy are we lucky in Cincy to have Mac
around) and say "gimme one a' deez without dat in the middle."  Bingo, done.

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'