update on european car Scirocco article

It's now pushing 8 months since Les Bidrawn and co. did their photo-
shoot with Randy Block and I.  We figured it would be a while before
the article saw the light of day, but it's surely been long enough by
now!  Last week I emailed Les to follow up on a promise he made me
several months ago, to send me some blown up prints from the shoot.
He replied that heck, he'd just send me the negatives and let me go
to town.  "personal use only, no websites etc.".  Fair enough.  Today
I received about 30 negatives and I can't wait to print 'em all up,
they look fantastic!  Randy, I'll be hookin' you up..  :D

Back to the article - he asked me if I had some pics/links to any
"highly modified" examples.  I sent him links to pics of several
listers' cars.  Here's the reply I got today:

 hey man:

 you should have those pics by today (if they went red-lable).
 i was thinkin.........it would be cool to get a few of these cars
 together..........put a whole rocco' section together for the mag.
 think we could do this?

Shit-howdy, a "whole section"?  Would that be cool or what??  The
problem is, the cars I sent him were all over the country, with
only a couple in California.  I offered to gather as many troops
as I can locally down here, so we'll see what he comes back with to
that offer.. stay tuned.  I'll add this - if such a gathering does
come to fruition, if there's anyone from out of the area who wants
to come out here for it, you're welcome to crash at my place.

This all gives me the impression that the article ain't done, maybe
not even started?!  Oh well, SOMEDAY the mighty Scirocco will have
its day in the sun again.... and hopefully soon.  Les promised that
this would be "the mother of ALL Scirocco articles" so we'll see if
he can live up to that billing.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA