Mikes 4 throttle body 81 profile

When you say better final drive, do you mean a used 3.94 that was in
better shape, or a "better ratio" final drive?   I'm curious, as you also
mentioned that you swapped out the .89 5th for a .71.  That's going to be
one very large jump between the 1.13 stock 4K fourth and a .71 fifth,
expecially if you were running a longer final drive than the 3.94.

Can you give us a bit more laydown on your gearbox?

Drew

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Mike Blain wrote:

> The 4K was completely gutted and replaced with some new gears, all new
> synchros, gaskets, quaiffe, and a better final drive. Cost a bit but
> it's essentially brand new and worry free- so it's worth it.

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel