skidplate on my 1992 GT-II

Technically speaking, a skidplate is meant to protect the bottom of the car
from impact damage as well as to keep the elements (water, snow, mud, etc.)
out of the engine bay. Every rallycar has one and many have them in the rear
to protect the fuel pump and fuel tank. So, what we're really discussing can
be called a tray, diffuser, or any number of other names that have slipped
my mind. :^)

I'd defintely be inclined to buy one of these things.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut