[Fuel Lines Redux and Spark Plug Weirdness]

"Mike Eldred" <meldred@vermontmedia.com> wrote:
Hi all,
A few weeks ago I wrote to the list with a rant about the apparent
impossibility of replacing the fuel lines in my '82 Scirrocco.  Thanks to=

input from Cory Langford and Cathy Boyko, the problem was resolved fairly=

easily by installing rubber fuel injection line in place of the stock met=
al
line.  =

Well, I was just saying that the dealer had spliced in rubber hose (to re=
place
the previous rubber hose), but if you search the archives from this sprin=
g,
you will find the NEW rubber hose failed too! So carry a spare chunk. I n=
ow
have a metal piece in there, it seems to be doing its job, but they didn'=
replace the whole line for that either. And no additional charge for the
repair, since it cost me a tow. =