re-upholstering seats

 rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

<< The back can be a PITA near the headrest.  My advise is to try to leave
 the plastic headrest "leg" receptacles in place, and work the
 upholstery off over them.  same for the new...cut the holes for these
 *after* you have the cover slipped on.>>

   I remember this warning when you posted about your seats, Ron, but when I
stripped a MKII seat for the foam (and to pass the fabric to a friend), I
managed to take these out by moving the upholstery up enough to get in there
with a pair of pliers and work the sliders (?) out of the seat back frame. A
learning experience to say the least.

<< Don't forget that passenger side seats are fine sources of replacement
 foam and panels! (for a driver's side seat).>>

  So very true!

Carl
77rocco
89fox