Passenger under dash tray?

<< the passenger side trays are pretty rare, from what i understand they only
 came in rocco's w/o a/c.  >>
<< This raises a question, how common were these same shelves on Mk1s? >>

  Both of my 'roccos had/have them, a '78 and a '77. Of course, neither had
A/C either.   Strange that they didn't since they both were bought in Nevada.
Of the one's I'd seen in scrap yards, most A1's didn't have A/C, and had the
shelf.
  I'll see if I can modify it to retain the shelf when I convert to A/C.

<<I've only seen them on 1981 Sciroccos - they hold the
"computer". Since 1980 & earlier (non-calif) cars have
no "Computer", perhaps this is why I've never seen one
on any 1980 or earlier Sciroccos . . .  >>

   Could be the PO's removed it? Like I said above, every MK1 w/o A/C I've
seen had the shelf.

Carl
77rocco
89fox