From: Larry [mailto:rocco16v@netzero.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 7:02 AM
To: aireq@u.washington.edu; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: clutch cable streching?

No, you cannot generate enough force with your leg, even with the mechanical
advantage of the pedal, to actually stretch the steel cable in your clutch
cable assembly. (even it the other end was attached to a non-movable object,
which it isn't)
The term "stretch" is a generic term, referring to wear between the cable's
inner (the steel cable) and the outer (the plastic-coated steel sheath).
Normal wear in the clutch and actuating mechanism will also give the
impression that the cable is getting longer/stretching.

Larry   sandiego16V