actual water temp

Good point, Shawn.  I'd guess each of us would have to compare the readings
on our own gages.  I'll still do the check myself, if for no other reason
than to know what my stock gage equates to in degrees.
Shawn, did you compare yours 'shootings' to the stock, no-number gage or to
numbered, aftermarket water temp gages?

Larry