was: drove a Civic Si yesterday/ performance review; now: mazda protoge 5

my roomate just bought a new PR5. I drove it last night and was incredibly
impressed. the engine is shite, and the shifter leaves a little to be
desired, but the suspension left me suprised. I figured it would be sporty
for a small wagon, but I was truly impressed. there was much more grip
available than I expected, and the chassis seemed very well tuned. all this
from a factory??? I would love to see what the MP3 drives like. any comments?