(no subject)should have been struts

> Mostly the roads are pretty good. There is one stretch
> where it gets kind of rough with lots of tar  patches.
> I'm on it for about ten to five minutes. Right now I
> hit some of those bumps and the car gets twitchy. I'm
> not super sensitive about a hard ride, unless the hard
> ride screws up the car's handling on those rough
> stretches.

Also consider the effect of your rim/tire combination on the ride quality.
If you've got light 14" with 185/60, then I think you'll do well with the
Bilstein Sports w/lowering springs. (Btw, the stock tear drops are *not*
light.) At the other extreme, if you've got low profile rubber on heavy 15"
rims, then I might still go with the Bilstein HD and Sofsports.

Keep in mind that I'm from the North East where the roads can be downright
rough -not merely imperfect like I drove on the West Coast. I've also got a
love affair with suspension travel given my rally background.

Since you're a sporting type of guy, however, and don't seem to mind a very
firm ride, maybe the aggressive set up is a good choice for you? I dunno.
Tuning for max performance is easy. Factoring in comfort makes the choices
harder because an unbearable ride to one is just fine to another. The best
thing for you to do would be to test a combination on somebody else's car
first.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut