Alternator help needed

OK, I changed my alternator today.  It's a late 84 with the alternator on
top of the AC.  I took 3 wires off of it.  The large red one from the
battery, the small one with the spade and the ground that attached to the
stud that holds the alternator together.  When I went to put it back on the
the ground wire was gone.  I don't know if I broke it off by accident or if
it's from a seperate harness than the other 2 and I've dropped somewhere and
can't find it.

Can someone look at thier car for me and tell where that ground comes from?
If I can't ffind it then I'm just going to run a wire to negative terminal
of the battery.

Alan