quaifed tranny question

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of SII2L16V@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 2:01 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: quaifed tranny question

ok so i got my hands on a rebuilt 020 tranny and i'm told that has a
quaife w/ arp ring bolts.  before i slap it on is there a way to tell if
it does in fact have a quaife installed?

Yeah, just pry out the puck seal in the center of the CV flange, the
factory differential has a threaded 10 x 1.5mm hole, and the Quaife has
a small machined indent in the center of the spindle.

  or once installed can it be determined then?

Yeah, it will be obvious once you start pushing the car hard through
some turns, or by lighting up BOTH tires...

I'm about to install my first Quaifed transaxle.
It's sitting next to my '79, waiting to be installed.

Thanks Scott! For getting the Quaife installed in my 2H.

Peter

http://thescirocco.com