what is this intake system?!

Scott,

That is Ruben Guzman's car (back when it used to run.) He's Randy's
roommate. The intake, from what he told me, is a sport Oetinger one or
something like that. The vavle cover goes with the full Oetinger setup he
has. I've seen 8V Oetinger VC's for sale before, but never a 16V one. Oh,
and that's a throttle body at the end there. Is that what you're talking
about?

-- Craig