MK1 16v radiator options

Ken,

This is an easy fix. VW sells a plug that goes over the inlet. It is just a
nubbin of a hose that you put on there with a clamp. Any good auto parts
store will likeley have them too.

I had mine set up like that for a long time. I got tired of getting overflow
from that darn pressure cap so I upgraded to a 1985 Cabriolet radiator. It
is the exact same size, but it doesn't have a pressure cap filler, and it
has the overflow outlet. I mounted the overflow bottle on the passenger
side, but I have seem some folks mount it on the driver's side shock tower.
It's just really tight there.

-- Craig