getting break cyninder back in

ok I got the calipers off and the new rotor on and the pads in the pad
carrier. But how do you get the caliper cylinder back in so you can fit it
over the new thicker pads???!?! I've been sqeezing this thing forever and it
wont move. Is there a way to do it with out exposing the fluid?

Oh and are you supose to use "break quiet" or whatever it's called. When I
did this to my 280zxt back in high school my dad had me do it, but there
really isn't a large area of contact between the shoes and the pad
carrier/piston.

ps: You guys are in for some impressive pictures of my rotor ; - )

eric anastas