Knock Sensor Q

the only thing I would like to clarify here is that the HT and RD ARE
interference engines. I personally have bent valves and heard the sound on
an RD. Dont ask. the JH is 9.0:1 (or 9.5:1) and the HT and RD are 10:1 CR
hence the need for a "knock" sensor system.

>At 10:05 AM 5/24/02 -0500, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
>
>>scirocco 8v do not need knock boxes no, but jetta/golf 8v use them because
>>their engines are 10.5:1 compression engine (interference engines) and
>>that
>>is why 8v knock box exist. :)
>>
>>==========================================
>>ATS - Patrick Bureau
>>1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
>>1988 16v ** FOR SALE : 1500.00$ **
>>Web Site : http://longcoeur.com/scirocco
>>
>Actually it's fuel related.  The HT and RD motors are not interference
>motors.
>

>John C. Worden
>Bucksport, Maine
>
>'98 Dakota 4x4-
>'86 Scirocco 8V-
>'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
>'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop