lightened flywheel

I just got mine lightened and picked it up today.  The machinist
charged $65 Canadian ($42 U.S.) to take the lip down to the "step"
surface.  He wanted $120 to resurface it, but the shop that's
rebuilding my JH head does them for $50 (doesn't have a lathe big
enough to lighten them though), so guess where I dropped it off today
:)

Anyways, my local aircooled VW shop has a good used 210mm flywheel that
he'll sell me for $75 no tax.  So if you want, I could pick it up, get
it lightened and resurfaced, and bring it to you at Cincy...  The total
would be $190 Canadian ($125 U.S.)

I'm also looking into balancing - I'm going to call a local place after
the weekend that just got a fancy new state-of-the-art balancing
"thingy".  Hopefully it won't be too expensive...

Alternately, I did a bit o' research, and found lightened, balanced
flywheels for $129 U.S. at:

<http://www.trmperformance.com/prod_detail.asp?record=72>

Adironack has them for $179 U.S. <germanautoparts.com> - go to the
Performance section for your car...

HTH,

Mark.