From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Chris DeLong
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 10:57 PM
To: BHonnold@pac-cap.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Rev Limiters (was RE: Knock Sensor Q)

Why ground the CIS-E brian ground to the same ground as the relay? They both
go to the same place; ground. Simple. Not a switched ground. And have you
taken apart a MK1 fuel pump relay? I'm sur eyou have. Well that little 3
pronged black thingy combined with the biasing resistors and caps basically
make up an Ne 555 IC. So you are basically incorrect. An Ne 555 has
resistors etc built in for less space to be taken up the board. Hence the
smaller size of the MK2 relay. Still operates on the same basic principle as
a MK1 relay. The little spade connector is fed a pulsed ground trigger from
the knock brain on a CIS-E car. Jsut as it is fed a ground from the coil on
a MK1 car. The only difference being that it is a more sophisticated relay
on a MK2 and the fact that the ground comes fromt he knock brain and not the
coil. HTH

>They ain't got no fancy schmancy 555 chips in the MkI fuel pump relay.  So
>wire the fuel pump and the relay like a MkI use the MkI relay and ground
>the cis-e brain into the relay ground.
>
>Simple yet Effective :-)
>
>BcH

Chris DeLong