Rev Limiters (was RE: Knock Sensor Q)

So from the sounds of the last flurry of messages, it seems the Fuel
Pump Relay takes a signal from the Knock Box (pulsed ground) and uses
this to keep the relay portion of the system closed and thus the fuel
pump works.  When a specific RPM is reached the Knock Boxs cuts the
signal, the FPR opens and the fuels stops flowing.

It also looks like on old MK1 there was a different FPR that had a
similar circuit inside, but with out a knock box the signal was taken
from the Coil ground. This would result in NO rev. limiter as the coil
is not smart enough to cut out at a specified RPM :)  BUT, it did solve
the safety issues of having the Fuel pump continue to run when the
engine was dead.

So if all this is correct, would not the simple solution for the new
Knock Sensor people who want to remove the Rev. Limiter be:

Take the wire that supplies the signal from the Knock Box to the FPR,
cut it and wire the FPR into the Coil Ground.  Then when the Knock Box
wants to cut the signal it can because it is not connected to anything.
The FPR continues to work, and has the same safety features as the MK1
system.

Could be missing something here, but it does not seem that complicated,
then again the easiest way is to install the Digifant-1 from a G60 and
have the chip programmed to rev limit where ever you like ;)