I've gone ahead and done it...

With the help of Daun, I have decided to purchase a 1987 8v in good
working condition. Thanks to everyone on the list who put up with me
for the past month or so.

Now, I have a quick question. Is anyone with a nice, safe, not so
heavy foot, going to Cinci as a passenger from the Albany area? I've
just had another paper assigned for that week, so I really can't make
it out there for Cinci this year, perhaps next. But I'm trying to
find a way out there. I'm sure we could work out some arrangement to
pay you for your time (it can't be much though, I'm poor :) ). I have
to get the insurance settled, but if anyone nearby is going as a
passenger... I'll drive you as far east as Springfield, and as far
South as about Westchester to get you home.

Thanks! I owe you all!

LT

***
'87 8v Scirocco (I'm happy I can finally put that there)