Rev Limiters (was RE: Knock Sensor Q)

On 5/23/02 10:36 AM, "Cory Langford" <cory.langford@icbc.com> wrote:

> If the Knock Box tells the Relay when to shut down the fuel pump, I
> would suspect that would be done via a voltage/no voltage situation to a
> specific pin from the box to the relay.
>
> So if that wire was cut (the connection between the relay and the knock
> box) would not the rev. limiter be removed?

>From my stydy of the system a couple of years back, (i.e. hazy memory) the
Knock box actually provides the ground that keeps the relay going. When the
rev limit is exceeded the ground is removed and fuel pump shuts off.

Cutting the wire would render the FPR permanently off. The worst kind of rev
limiter there is. :-)

You might be able to short the wire to ground permanently, for a crude
"fix", or with some creativity one could probably retrofit an earlier FPR
without too much difficulty. The rev limiter should be de-activated.

Let me know if it works.

Jonas