central locking ?

normally you can hear the central locking system pump
(located in the passenger side rear quarter panel of the
truck) when you turn the key in the driver side door as
it locks or unlocks the doors, hatch and panel for the
gas. after that you should not hear the vacuum pump
work, if you do, It probably indcates one or two things;
namely a) you have a vacuum leak where the pump is
trying to empty the lines (or push air throught it
(locking/unlocking) all locations it normally acutates
or b) one of your actuators (doors, hatch and above the
vacuum pump (one that actuates the gas panel lock) is
leaking and the causing the pump to function non stop.

its really a simple system, open doors, and hatch and
actuate the locks you should be able to hear where the
leaking is coming from.

====
ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v Euro GTX 3A/JH Project