central locking ?

--- the hitman <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> the $200 rocco (still needs a name) is the first
> rocco i've owned with the
> central/power locks. the doors work fine, but the
> hatch lock has issues.
> sometimes when you turn the car on you can hear what
> sounds like a electric
> motor runnig from the back hatch area, sometimes
> alls quiet. and now (in the
> last 2 days) i can't get the hatch to open. i have
> to fiddle with the key
> for a LONG time, last night about an hour, before
> something tricks and the
> hatch opens. any suggestions as to what this problem
> could be? i considering
> disconnecting the rear lock and making it key
> operated only.
>   hit

Dunno. My '85 has this, but the compressor for it does
not work for whatever reasons. The hatch is different
from my other sciroccos in that I must turn the key
and then push in to open the hatch. It is not possible
to leave the hatch lock in an "open" position like my
other Sciroccos.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)