Im in danger of missing Cincy

I hate sending this email, but my car decided to died on me while driving.
It gave off a loud pop, almost like a backfire and then the car just died
and won't restart. It gets full power just doesn't catch like it's not
getting fuel. Timing belt was my first guess but it's fine and I can't see
anything else obvious. Nothing is leaking. So Im not sure if Im going to
have the time or the money to get this sorted out in time to make it to
Cincy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it something stupid and easy to
fix.

Rich
'88 Scirocco 1.8t