Brake Parts

--- William Hawker <willhawk@autobahn.mb.ca> wrote:
> Seems there is a new "precious metal" commodity  for
> Scirocco owners. I am
> currently replacing the front brakes on my 82 Rocco
> with the Kelsey Hayes
> calipers.  As with anything this  age, a number of
> parts need to be
> replaced. Specifically, the guide pins that the
> calipers ride on are
> corroded and the allan heads are all torn apart.
> Just made a call to the
> local VW dealer (we have two in town) and guess
> what. Discontinued!!!  My
> dealer did a quick search across the network
> (Canada) and  the last two
> pair in captivity are in Toronto. No problem, until
> we get to the price. At
> $45.00 (Cdn) EACH,. They are worth their weight in
> gold. I will have to
> mortgage the farm to pay for two sets.
> Anyone recommend a source for these (and possibly
> other "rare parts") I
> have not seen anything on the ebay.
>
> Bill Hawker
> 82 Scirocco (restoration project)

The parts guy at your dealer is full of it. K-H
calipers were used on all A2 Golf/Jetta cars except
for the 10" front brake cars thru 1992, not to mention
the Cabriolet.

The part probably was simply superceded with another
part . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)