Brake Parts

--Apple-Mail-1-776489405

Seems there is a new "precious metal" commodity  for Scirocco owners. I am
currently replacing the front brakes on my 82 Rocco with the Kelsey Hayes
calipers.  As with anything this  age, a number of parts need to be
replaced. Specifically, the guide pins that the calipers ride on are
corroded and the allan heads are all torn apart. Just made a call to the
local VW dealer (we have two in town) and guess what. Discontinued!!!  My
dealer did a quick search across the network (Canada) and  the last two
pair in captivity are in Toronto. No problem, until we get to the price. At
$45.00 (Cdn) EACH,. They are worth their weight in gold. I will have to
mortgage the farm to pay for two sets.
Anyone recommend a source for these (and possibly other "rare parts") I
have not seen anything on the ebay.

Bill Hawker
82 Scirocco (restoration project)

--Apple-Mail-1-776489405

Seems there is a new "precious metal" commodity  for Scirocco owners.
I am currently replacing the front brakes on my 82 Rocco with the
<fixed>Kelsey Hayes </fixed>calipers.  As with anything this  age, a