Can I pass smog in CA with...

I recently had my 78 smogged and didn't have a problem with a header on.   I
even have it wrapped with the insulating material and he didn't seem to care
about it.  He looked underneath and saw the cat, even though it hangs lower
than stock and didn't say a thing.  My setup has flanges on the cat as well
as a ball joint swivel at the end of the header, they said nothing.

Don't you have the BAR decal on your car?  Can you say that the BAR signed it
off the way it is?  Seems like if you could, you could almost have any
configuration of cat and get away with it.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/